GLITTER MADE FROM TREES

We’re Saving the World One Sparkly Makeup at a Time

May 10, 2017

 

Love glitter? Adore how it adds sparkle and shine to your face, hair and clothes? You’re definitely not alone. Glitter is huge today! It’s also a huge problem for the environment. Glitter is the same as microbeads – there really isn’t any difference other than size. And we all know that microbeads are bad for the planet, right? That’s why so many cosmetics companies have stopped using them in their products.

 

Cosmetics companies haven’t stopped using glitter, though. What can you do? Is there a way to get your sparkle and shine without damaging the planet? Actually, there is.

 

Our Bio Glitter

 

At GoodGlitter.com, we’ve taken our love for the planet and our love for all things glittery and fused them together into something new – bio glitter. Unlike traditional glitter, which is made from plastic and then coated with a very fine layer of foil, our bio glitter is made from cellulose (plant tissue).

 

It’s completely organic in nature, and 100% biodegradable. It’s even compostable! That’s not something you can say about plastics. Plastic glitter can last for thousands of years, and does nothing but break into smaller and smaller pieces, and then make its way into the ocean where it adds to the ‘plastic soup’ that’s poisoning the marine environment. Plastic glitter is also a “dead end” product. You can’t recycle it, and you can upcycle it. It’s pretty much impossible just to clean up off the floor if you spill it. Our bio glitter is different – because it’s biodegradable, it will return to the earth eventually.

 

Is It as Glittery?

 

We understand that you might have some reservations about our bio glitter. After all, if it’s made from cellulose, how glittery and sparkly can it really be? The answer might surprise you – we doubt you can tell the difference between our bio glitter and regular plastic glitter. It’s just as shiny and just as sparkly. It even features the same precision cuts as the plastic stuff.

 

The Problem with Microplastics

 

Both glitter and microbeads are what are called microplastics. These are tiny pieces of plastic that are too small to be removed from water by treatment plants, and eventually end up in the ocean. There, they’re consumed by fish, crustaceans, plankton and more. In many cases, microplastics build up within a fish’s body to the point that it kills them before they even reach maturity. It moves up the food chain from there, as bigger fish eat the smaller ones. Ultimately, it ends up back in your body if you consume seafood. Not a pleasant thought, is it?

 

We invite you to compare our bio glitter to any of the plastic stuff and see just how identical they are (in sparkle, shine and appearance, not in toxicity or the fact that plastic glitter never, ever goes away).




Also in News

How Is Glitter Made?
How Is Glitter Made?

March 15, 2018

It might surprise you to learn that glitter starts out as sheets of plastic. Read on to learn more surprising facts about glitter.

Read More

What Is Plastic Soup?
What Is Plastic Soup?

March 01, 2018

Read More

5 Things to Know about Glitter
5 Things to Know about Glitter

February 12, 2018

Love glitter? Who doesn’t? Actually, you might rethink that sparkly passion after reading these five things to know about glitter.

Read More